Community information services
Statement of intentions provided by Event Room
In light of concerns about the impact of events on the residential community at Mutual Heights, Moira Johnston (Managing Director) provides the following clarification about the approach they are taking to their business:
- We are not going to be operating a night club.
- We are going to be hiring the venue out at a rate of R48 500, 00 ex vat per day (plus additional costs such as security, cleaning, venue management fees etc.) and are marketing the space to corporates and the wedding industry. Simply by virtue of the cost of the venue, the clientele is unlikely to be made up of any undesirables. All clients will, however, also be vetted by EventRoom to ensure that no illegal activities are likely to take place at our events.
- Some events will be somewhat different, including the Halloween party to be held on the 28th of October. However, once again, the client is a trusted and professional operation that has been running these events for over 5 years at venues such as the Grand Beach with no problems.
- There will be no “bouncers” or bouncer wars. We are working with a professional security company on a ‘per event’ basis.
- To get a good idea of the kind of business we will be operating, you can look at Nasdak and East City Studios as examples of our intentions.
- Examples of some of the enquiries we’ve had so far for booking have come from The Hillsong Church, Agri-Expo, Budweiser International and Kyknet.
- EventRoom has a list of necessary permissions from the City of Cape Town that we are in the process of pursuing. Health and safety, food service, noise, ventilation, electrical and mechanical compliance are all included in the applications.
- EventRoom is in touch with the Body Corporate as regards all these permissions, and to establish a “best practices” manual for events to minimize interference with tenants.
- As regards the biggest question to date – that of noise compliance – EventRoom has had a noise impact assessment performed by a qualified sound engineer (who will also now be working at every event held at the venue to ensure compliance with the western cape noise regulations). They have installed their own sound system, which must be used by all guests so that the sound can be monitored by the sound engineer to ensure that it never goes above the regulated noise limits for the area (see attached in this regard). Of course, should you ever feel that an event has impacted you sound-wise, you are free to make a complaint to CCT.
- For further information being made available to potential clients, please see the venue’s online profile here.
- We hope to be able to host some of your own events at this grand venue at some point in the future, and welcome you to contact us should you have any questions – residents of the building are entitled to a 20% discount on venue hire fees for any of their events!
Moira can be contacted at this email address.
View the web site change log
13 February 2019
Web site developed and curated by PPP
Copyright © 2018, The Trustees and Managing Agents
of the Mutual Heights Body Corporate