Community information services
The Mutual Building features in many advertisements and promotional videos
If you are resident in the building, do you ever find you are irritated by the frequent filming that goes on in and around our building?
Christophe Georget has a passion for collecting all the evidence he can find about film shoots and the material that comes from them: the advertisements and promotional vides that are then seen by a world-wide audience.
He provides this list of instances, which you might wish to review, share with your friends and family, or even use in promoting your own use of the building:
- A French Bank advertises from Church Square (no actual view of our building) and Cape Town generally
- "Power" - a Gabriel Macht DSTV commercial, shot entirely in the building Since deleted at the source -sorry!
- Something quite different, shot in Parliament St by Markenfilm Berlin GmbH, with view of the skybridge (35 s after start)
- A commercial for the Samsung Galaxy Note, part shot in the main entrance (25 s after start)
- Blink and you will miss this one! Shot from Longmarket St with Cartwrights Corner parking entrance on the right (28 s after start)
- This one also is a fraction of a second: shot from the Parliament St entrance with Nuri Sushi in background (42 s after start)
- Shot entirely in Parliament St, advertising Happn, with our building on the right hand side.
- A General Post Office view shot from our main entrance (Scroll down to the LV advert - 15 s after start)
- An album of wedding stills, many located in and around our building
- An advert for Renault. Blink and you will miss a scene in the banking hall shot at night - see the metal stripes of the hall (30 s after start)
- This ad for Smirnoff features people walking from the main entrance (7s after start)
- This one sdtarts in Parliament St, with our building on the right, then jumping from our roof (look for the windows as he falls, 14 s after start)
- This one was shot for Cadbury in the banking hall
- This is an ad for the new Nissan Micra, but blink and you will miss our building!
- This is a well-produced music video featuring a number of buildings around Mutual Heights
There is also at least one interesting photo collection:
Special thanks to Christophe for taking the time to share this useful evidence with us!
View the web site change log
14 January 2019
Web site developed and curated by PPP
Copyright © 2018, The Trustees and Managing Agents
of the Mutual Heights Body Corporate